Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let It Go...

This is what I keep telling myself, but the irritation/anger/sadness/frustration still lingers. I love what I do (I am an elementary school counselor), but I HATE the environment I work in. This is so mainly because of my administration. I could go on and on about the many reasons why I hate it, but today the top reason is they are a bunch of nosey ladies with nothing much to do but talk about, and wish for the worse for others (my opinion). So, DH and I have been ttc for 10 months, and I told everyone when we first started trying (something I am kicking myself for now, as I am so tired of everyone asking me questions about it). Well, I recently had to have surgery to have a uterine polyp removed, which is probably the reason why I have not conceived yet. They all knew I had surgery (there is a group of like 5 women), but they do not not what type of surgery or the reason, etc. I only told my direct boss I was having surgery, but somehow all of them found out. No one came to ask how I was doing, as most people who are genuinely concerned do. No, instead they have been trying to figure out what type of surgery I had. Then, today, my AP calls me and says, "I haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been?", as if she did not already know I was out for surgery. After I told her I was out for surgery, she asked, "what for?", then proceeded to say, "I am just being nosey. What are you trying to get pregnant?". The nerve of her! I was furious! I would feel differently if I felt like her questions were of genuine concern. But, I know they are not. I know she just wanted this information to pass on to their little clique. What type of people get satisfaction from learning of other people's trials and pain? GRRRRRRRRRR. I do not think they are wishing I do not get pregnant, I just feel they get some type of satisfaction in knowing it is taking me so long, and that it has been a struggle for me. This makes me so sad, as well as very angry! I am trying to let it go, and I am sure I will shortly. However, for now, I am MAD! I am mad at all ot them. I am irritated that I have to work in this type of environment. I am frustrated that this journey has taken so long. I am annoyed that everyone seems to be getting pregnant but me. I am ashamed because I feel like I am a failure to womanhood. Today is a not so good ttc day. I know this will pass, but for today.....this is where I am!

1 comment:

  1. UGH! I can't stand people like that! I am sorry you are having such a tough day!

    ReplyDelete